December 16th is National Chocolate Covered Anything Day, which pretty much sounds like the single greatest holiday ever. Nearly everything can be made better with the addition of chocolate, even bugs.
To celebrate Chocolate Covered Anything Day, why not try some delicious insects covered in a variety of different chocolates? (That”s right, insects.) Surprisingly enough, some of these actually look delicious:
1. This bowl of chocolates looks delicious until you realize that they”re actually chocolate covered grasshoppers.
2. How about some chocolate coated big crickets? You can actually order these online.
3. That chocolate covered scorpion still looks dangerous.
4. Get your white chocolate superworms!
5. Or maybe you”d prefer some dark chocolate superworms?
6. I think those maggots pretty much ruin that chocolate covered apple.
7. Those delicious grasshoppers also come in a white chocolate variety.
8. These delicious looking buggers are chocolates coated Sago worms from Thailand. I bet they”re pretty crunchy.
9. These are Yin-Yang, white and dark chocolate covered scorpions. Still pretty creepy looking.
10. You can also get your grasshoppers in a dark chocolate variety.
11. I don”t even know where to begin with this one. There are far too many bugs for my comfort.
12. More scorpions for your creepy, chocolaty, pleasure.
13. You can get a standard two-pack of chocolate covered scorpions as well.
Excuse me while I go out and not buy any of these chocolate covered insects. I don”t really care that they”re full of protein, or taste like chicken, they”re just too darned creepy looking.