Osteoporosis is a bone disease, which increases the risk of fractures. Its characterized with bone density decreasing, which causes decreasing of the bone firmness and appearing of fractures, especially in the area of hip-joint and the ankles.
The women are more subjected to osteoporosis than the men. Most affected are those women in menopause or who have passed this stage of their life.
There arent any noticeable symptoms. People often discover this disease when they will suffer from some fractures. Thats why its called the silent epidemic. There are three important factors for preserving the bone health in your lifetime:
- Consuming Calcium
- Using D vitamin
- Constantly physical activity
Osteoporosis International Foundation initiate new, one-minute test that evaluate the risk of osteoporosis, which cant give you the exact diagnosis, but more positive answers means greater osteoporosis risk.
Find out through your answers:
- Does any of your parents suffered from osteoporosis?
- Does any of your parents had humpback?
- Are you over 40 years old?
- Did your bones fracture from gently fall after yours 40?
- Are you falling often?
- Do you think you have decreased height by more than 3 cm after your 40?
- Are you losing weight?
- Do you feel your bones rooting more than 3 months?
- Do you have rheumatoid arthritis?
- Did you have increased function of thyroid or parathyroid?
- Are you consuming more than 200 gr. Of alcohol a day?
- Are you smoking?
- Do you have physical activity at least half an hour at day?
- Do you avoid diary or calcium rich articles?
- Do you spend some time on the sun, at least 10 minutes a day?
- Are you in menopause before ending your 45?
- Does your menstrual cycle stagnate more than a year? (With exception of menopause and pregnancy)
- Do you have your ovary removed before your 50s?
- Are you suffering from impotence or any other issues related with the testosterone level?